Monday, March 14, 2011

Rules to Live By, According to Fight Club

As a self proclaimed film nerd, I have decided to define my life philosophy by films. The film itself does not have to be good, but the quote has to be something I can live by. The first film I decided to apply to my life is David Fincher's "Fight Club". In a not so surprising sequence of events, I found the first 9 rules for life:

1) 'This is your life and it is ending one minute at a time."
2) "With a gun barrel between your teeth, you speak only in vowels."
3) "First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that someday you are going to die.It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"
4) "You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're no the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis."
5) "You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake."
6) "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
7) "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
8) "You can swallow a pint of blood before you get sick."
9) "Now, a question of etiquette; as I pass do I give the ass or the crotch?"

Not sure what the next philosophy will come from. Suggestions are welcome, but you can't force inspiration, so I can't guarantee that anything will come of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment